Tuesday, July 10, 2007
RELATIVE VELOCITY IS HELLLLLL.
finished Bio SPA in less than 20mins. didn't even check through my answers properly okay. I felt so tired and arggh. I just fell asleep for the remaining time. shit.
then zhiyun, charis and I went over to macdonalds table to do amaths.
felt frustrated again. I can't solve relative velocity omgggg.
haha very funny kelly. -.-
anyway dainese gave us chocolates! because he didn't have sweets. HAHA.
mdm lum was very hilarious. I asked her about vector diagram arrows and then she demo-ed to me on the way up to 4th floor. she stood right in front of me I was like SHOCKED. HAHAHAHA.
"so what I am sposed to find?" "direction." "I ALSO KNOW!"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. DAMMIT.
ONG-SIA day celebration & Handover ceremonyNICE FOOD.
good job understudies.
took the band for falling in for the last time.
my voice cracked. MALUUUU.
mr ong came, but not ms sia. ))))))):
ate a lot. raha and jolyn kept laughing to themselves. they seemed so shy. omg when qinghua and I were in sec1 we just kept eating. jolyn was busy pouring coca-cola and raha was busy giggling for I don't know what reason. -.- qinghua wanted to tell them about my story. GO AND DIE LAAAAAA. jiaqi gave us balloons that can never deflate and hand-made chocolates. niceeee!
then sec fours of the band YAM-SENGGED and drank sparkling juice despite knowing there was oral exam going on in the MPH. it's like as though we own the place but who caressss! I MISS THE SEC FOURS OF THE BAND OMG. OMG. OMG. luckily we took photos together! YAY. (:
went up to the band room to let mr ong sign certificates. there was only the trumpet tutor, mr ong and me. we talked about lame stuff and about me going abroad to study in november. wah mr ong toured around the whole of america before! gosh!
when the band came back up, we gave out the presents. haha mr ong's so cute. we wanted to call ms sia to sing her happy birthday but then mr ong said she didn't bring her handphone with her today ):
and so, it was handover.
announced the names of the Sectional Leaders,
and followed by the Band Leaders 07-08.
Drum Major: Tiffany
Band Major: Cathlin
QM Instru: Ying Ying, Hui Jun
QM Uniform: Samantha, Sherry
QM Library: Celine, Arina
YAY. congrats to all of them. as in the sectional leaders, and band leaders.
we have faith in yall. we know yall will lead the band well, and really bring them to greater heights alright! we choose the eight of you for a reason, and we know you won't let us down.
yup, we know we made the right choice (:
we felt kinda weird because it seemed like we were the ones nervous while announcing their names. -.- dots la. hahaha. my hands felt cold can. grrrr. but anyway I'm happy that we'd finally announced the heirarchy and everything's fine! (:
gosh.
I can't believe they called us Ma'ams already.
damn itttttttttt. I FEEL OLD.
and now it's really over for us.
four years of being in this band,
I had definitely learnt lots. from being a stupid sec one without music background and struggling to reach all my notes, to a not-so-stupid sec four who can finally read the music notes and blow right notes. I remember when I was in sec one I struggled like crazy. only 5 of us didn't have music background. and at that time, sir kept picking on me. so I was determined to play better, and brought home my tuba every practice until I changed to the bigger one. gosh. thinking back, I'm really amazed by my own determination.
I'll miss tuba section too. (:
Jia qi, Amirah, Jolyn and Raha,
I have faith in you all that the section would continue to play well, and that the judges for syf09 will comment on the section again. never give up on your playing just because the instrument is rather big. treasure the time left with the section okay. I'll give anything to relieve those moments back again. esp to hold the Bb note for 30seconds. (:
and of course I'll miss the two conductor of ours!
Ms Sia & Mr Ong!!!!!!! ((:
hahahahahaa. I can't believe we'd known them for almost two years already. it's amazing how much I'd learnt and benefitted from them. sometimes I feel really glad because I don't think I had been really scolded during practices before. hahaha. I still remember mr ong taking out his shoes during the first few band practs. and I still find ms sia hilarious, esp when she 'scolds' and 'argues' with mr ong. hahahah. eeee I know I'll miss band practices with them. the fun times we had together. and of course SYF. I think that was really the event that bonded all of us together. before the competition itself the conductors were very encouraging and they led us through the battle. even though we didn't get what we wanted, but at least we really enjoyed ourselves and played real music that day. I'll remember syf07 forever. even though we're still silver, but we know our silver is an extraordinary one. thank you ms sia and mr ong for everything! (:
lastly, this goes out to all band members of the cedar symphonic band.
treasure the time you have left in this band okay. sometimes you may find yourself getting so frustrated and tired after the long hours of band practices. but whenever you feel that way, think again the reason why you have to practise for that long period of time, and why you chose to join band. I believe it's because you want to be part of the band creating pleasant music that's why you joined band. and the only way to produce good music is of course through hard work and daily practices. even though band practices are tiring, imagine how good the band will sound when the whole band plays together. the pride and joy that you feel will be overwhelming. and then you'll really feel proud of being in this band. we have done our part, now it's your turn. band is not all about playing different instruments, but getting together as one band is the most important thing. enjoy being in this band, there are many more exciting experiences coming up. like concerts and band exchanges. truthfully, I wish I can rewind back time, and be there blowing my instrument again.
even after four years, I still love this band very much.
I'd never regretted making my way up to second level for band auditions in sec one. that was the wisest choice I'd ever made in my secondary school life (:
and finally,










I love this band, especially our batch, and leaders 06-07.
the old must give way for the new,
it's their turn now;
we know we did place the band in good hands. (:
8:01 PM Tjung!